Spring Valley City Hall
A reminder to residents if you have a 4 x 4, Golf Cart or UTV, please remember these need to be registered. The form can be printed and brought in with payment to City Hall ($25.00). If registration is dropped in the drop box, City Hall will Mail the registration to you.
City Hall would like to remind everyone that the Drop Box is located on the South side of the building for your convenience and after hours.
Leaving A Legacy: Charitable Giving, presented by Brandon Scheevel, Thrivent Financial Advisor will be Monday, January 23rd at 5:30 pm at the library. Join Brandon at the library and learn how you can provide for your loved ones, your church or library, and your community’s future, according to your legacy plan. This program is free to all. (The SV Public Library does not endorse any specific financial planning firm and encourages you to do your research and choose one that meets your needs.)
There will be a budgeting program by Brandon Scheevel coming up February 13th at 5:30 pm, as well. More info to follow
The library purchased new furniture for the Young Adult Section using Osterud-Winter Trust non-discretionary funds. We thank them for their support and will make an announcement once the furniture is assembled and ready for use.
With collaboration of Fillmore County libraries, schools, and the Fillmore County Discussion on Race, we call all dreamers to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.‘s example of sharing his dream for the country, by sharing your dreams for Fillmore County. We encourage all youth ages 18 and younger to express their dreams via writing (up to 150 words) or art (8.5”x11”). There will be a drawing for a $10 cash prize for each participating location. Due by January 16th at your local school or library.
Park and Recreation
Spring Valley Park & Rec will once again be offering summer programs for students Pre-K -9th grade. The information packet for these programs will be available on-line May 15.
The Spring Valley Pool has scheduled swimming lessons this summer from July 10–21st. Lesson will be offered in the mornings Monday through Thursday, with Friday being a makeup day in case of bad weather. Sign up will be available for all of these programs along with season pool passes on May 15th on the City of Spring Valley website.
Park & Rec is looking to hire summer positions for Recreational Coaches and lifeguards for the pool. The applications for these positions may be picked up at City Hall and need to be completed and returned by May 15th. Any questions please contact John Fenske for more information at email@example.com
Reminder that the Spring Valley Community Center is available for rent for all of your family gatherings. For more information, please call City Hall at 507-346-7367.
The Spring Valley EDA presented certificates of Appreciation & Achievement to: Matt’s Auto Body, Hair by Tina, Audio Bakery, Valley Venison, Serenity Salon, and Sweet Serenity Design & Décor for their continued investment in the Spring Valley community.
The Spring Valley Business Alliance and Wednesdays on Broadway committee are hosting a Winter Market and Sledding Party on Saturday, February 25th! There will be sledding on the South Broadway hill (next to the community center) from 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. with sleigh rides and a fire pit, followed by a free kid’s movie at 6:00 p.m. in the community center.
Business Updates & Progress:
- “Audio Bakery’s” recording studio is taking shape in the old Bakery at 117 S. Broadway. Check out the front-page feature in the January 9th, Fillmore County Journal to learn more about this new Spring Valley business.
- Bear Creek Auto of Rochester, MN has purchased the Marchant Motor Company property, and is moving their dealership to Spring Valley.
- Bluff Brothers Brewing is renovating the old Vet Clinic at 817 N. Broadway and plans to open later this summer. Check out their Facebook page for updates and more!
- Matt’s Auto Body has moved in to their new addition at 1140 N. Broadway.
- Midwest Sales’ Car Wash and Service building at 740 N. Broadway is now constructed as work continues inside. The current plan is to be open late spring/ early summer.
- Minnesota Joe’s exterior wall renovation at 126 S. Broadway is underway. The wall has been re-sheeted and wrapped.
- MinnWest Bank continues to make progress on its renovation and construction of the old Kwik Trip at 640 N. Broadway, with drive through and exterior work progressing daily.
- O’Reilly Auto’s renovation is in full swing at 630 N. Pleasant Ave., as they prepare to open their Spring Valley store later this year.
- Spring Valley Chevrolet Buick’s new home continues to take at 1100 N. Broadway
The Street Department would like to remind residents of the parking restrictions. Parking is not allowed from 11:00 p.m.-6:00 a.m. unless you purchased a parking permit, (this includes downtown.) Residents that do have a parking permit are responsible for cleaning up around your vehicle. Remember that residents have 24 hours to clean your sidewalk after a snowfall. Failure to do so will result in the city removing the snow and charging the homeowner. Please help keep fire hydrants clear of snow.