The Osterud-Winter Foundation trustees are currently accepting applications for funding until May 25th, 2022. Mr. Osterud, the Founder of Home Federal, and his daughter Karen-Osterud Winter established a $1 million trust for Spring Valley with 75% of the earnings to be used for Kingsland School District scholarships, Spring Valley’s Historical Society, Spring Valley Living, Spring Valley Cemetery, and the City of Spring Valley with the remaining 25% allocated as discretionary funds.
Primary Consideration is given to organizations that provide emergency and disaster relief in or within a 15-mile radius of Spring Valley and meet the federal tax exemption requirements 501(c)(3). Since 2005 the Trust has distributed $1.8 million.
Requests should be submitted to the following Trustees:
Deanna Capelle – firstname.lastname@example.org or with questions, please call 507-346-2149.
Steve Heusinkveld – email@example.com or with questions, please call 507-316-7697.
Sue Kolling – firstname.lastname@example.org or with questions, please call 507-259-6467.